Thursday, November 26, 2009

been so busy! 11/18-11/25

Wednesday:
Sick. Didn't go into volunteering, slept in. Went to Yael's sem, Nishmat, with Shevet girls. Saw Yaeli :)
Went to the old city that night with Katie to visit Kalman. Had soup and tea and talked. They gave me some tissues which was nice. Got home pretty late, studied for Ulpan, went to sleep.

Thursday:
Got up and got ready for volunteering. Decided to go a bit early to make up for being gone so long. Got all the way to the bus stop when I realized I forgot my pass. Went back home to get my pass. I got there finally and Daniella said you're sick go home. So I stayed a bit and drank tea and studied then went home. Called Jenene asking if I could come over after class, she said she could pick me up on her way back from work when I would be in the middle of Ulpan. I could miss class since I was sick so that was good. I had some chicken soup Katie made and went to Lunch and Learn. Went to Ulpan, had a review quiz for the final with two teams whichever won would get bonus points. The other team was nasty and immature. We won but everyone got points. Jenene picked me up and we went to Nokdim. She thought I was staying for shabbat but I had to remind her I was going to Efrat.

Friday:
Went home early in the morning and slept for a little while, then packed up for Efrat. Went to Efrat, Katie and I were staying with a family together. They were really nice and had a buncha kids- s Katie felt at home (She's one of 10 kids, it's the subject of many jokes here). Went to shul together, I saw my bus captain from the march of the living, then came home and ate dinner. I ate so much. Found out the family, the Bejells, somehow know Mordechai and Deena in this complicated way. Went to a tish after dinner.

Saturday:
Had lunch with the bejells then met with all the Shevet kids for a while. After shabbat we went back to jerusalem and I went to meet Michelle (hi!). Walked there with Katie, almost got lost but found our way. Got stuff my mom sent me, yay. And hung out a bit. Went home and studied Ulpan then passed out.

Sunday:
Still sick. Didn't go into volunteering. Studied some hebrew. Watched "God on Trial" in film class. Studied for the oral part of my Ulpan final, Moran helped me. I had to read a story she gave me, know all the hard words in it, be able to explain it and it's message, and give it a new title.

Monday:
still sick. studied a lot in the morning, was pretty overwhelmed by all the words I had to know. Asked my teacher, Orit, about the exam. She said she would ask the vocab questions in context and I didn't have to worry. Later had my exam, it went very very well. I was told that I was supposed to be interviewed for the Year Course DVD so I got all excited and made myself look nice. (i.e., brushed my hair and put on mascara) But then they said they didn't need me :/
It was annoying but I got over it. There was something going on at the Menachem Begin museum with the UK ambassador so Katie, Jessica, Rachel and I went. It was interesting at some points, it was a sort of lecture/debate/discussion about Israel and her relationship with the UK. There was a buncha snacks set up that no one ate so we took them all home....A shopping bag full of crackers and cut veggies. Don't worry, we had permission.

Tuesday:
Woke up at 7 to go with Julia to the doctor. Took a long time to get there. Decided since I was there already I'd get an appointment too to check up on my cough. Saw a different doctor than the last two times. She gave me a nasal spray and decongestant and said if I don't get better in two weeks to see an ENT doctor. Went back home and passed out until 12. Got up and made sunny side up eggs with pita. Went to Haddassah hospital, it was everyone's siyyur that day. Afterwards went home, pulled a skirt on, and went with Katie, Rachel, and Kai to go to this rabbi's house. He's been calling us all since the beginning of Year Course to do different things we had tentatively signed up for but never had the time to do. We went to his house and had dinner, on the way I went on my first segregated bus. It was nice and weird. Nice people with some views I didn't agree with. After we went to Emek Refaim 'cause I was supposed to meet Ale and people for her b-day dinner but didn't wanna walk alone. I met up with Yaeli and Joshi at Caffit where we waited for Ale and a few other people. I didn't eat since I had just had dinner. hehe..everyone marvels at the lack of money I spend here. :) I'm a free food magnet. Dinner dragged on a long time but it was nice, I was just super tired. We finally headed back home and I studied and went to bed.

Wednesday:
ACTUALLY WENT TO VOLUNTEERING. Was feeling a lot better. Cleaned the guinea pig cages, fed and watered them, fed the rats and mice, watered some plants, fed and watered the iguana. Then I went inside and cut some pieces of fabric for a rug they are making.
Went home, realized I have been getting off at a farther bus stop the past three months. Attempted to study for Hebrew but wasn't so into it. Eventually went to Zman Shevet where my Zionism through the Arts teacher, Avi Rose, and his husband, spoke to us about being gay and jewish, especially orthodox. They were the first married same-sex couple in Jerusalem.
Also made mashed potatoes that night for turkey day.
Studied a lot for Ulpan then went to sleep.

Thursday:
Worked really hard at volunteering, shoveling duck leavings and putting them in the compost. After that studied and worked on the rug. Went home, studied, went to Lunch and Learn (where I got a buncha chummus for the apartment), had my hebrew exam. I was one of the last people to finish but I felt really good about it. Worked a bit on cooking for Thanksgiving then went to Zionism through the Arts. Had a really cool class where we saw some old Israeli T.V. show.
Spoke to my mom for a while, miss her. miss home.
Dinner was great. It was people in my apartment and people from another apartment. We had all kinds of yummy food, it all went very well.
Now it's pretty late but I wanted to update this and work on my Zionism final.
Dear Herzl....


No comments:

Post a Comment