Thursday, December 3, 2009

Bat Yam Bound.

Friday/Saturday:
Thursday night was tough, I got to sleep late. So instead of waking up at 10 I woke up at 12:30.
I got my stuff together for the weekend and spoke with Ben. Caught a bus to Nokdim around 1:30. Cleaned some for shabbat. Had a lovely shabbat, ate and slept and ate and slept. Went home relatively early and worked on my art final a bit.

Sunday:
Don't remember what I did sunday morning...Didn't go to volunteering. Maybe worked on Arts final?
Went to our film teacher, Rich's, house at 4:30 to watch the movie for our final. His house is on top of Bagel Bite on Yehuda St. It's gorgeous. Apparently he's a huge Blazers fan (who are apparently some sports team) and he has a room full of their memorbilia. I think he holds a record for how much stuff he has. There was a retainer there with their team colors. Yea.
He got us pizza and snacks and we watched The Devil's Arithmetic. After the movie we had to go back for our apartment meeting. Then we went back to Rich's and watched the extra credit movie. Only like 4 people showed up. We watched The Unborn. I've seen it before, it's an awful, awful movie. Afterwards we asked him to show us the south park episdoes that reference him, since he knows the people who make it. There was a long story behind it but there had been another Rich so they had called him Schlomo, so now they use Schlomo for some of the very Jewish characters. He showed us some cool stuff and then it was super late and we had to go back and work on our other finals. I worked on Arts until 12 and then decided I wanted to shower and sleep. Passed out.

Monday:
Woke up at 9 and went with Katie to the Central Bus Station. We got off one stop too late and it was wayy to far to walk so we found another bus stop. Great thing about our bus passes, does not cost us anything to get lost. Bus came eventually and we got off at the right stop. Tried to find gifts for Elisha and Ben but couldn't find anything good. Got 9.90 shek ice coffee :), which is a great price around here. We got on a bus towards Ben Yehuda but forgot to get off in time, of course. So we just stayed on until Emek Refaim and decided to say hi to Laura at Tal Bagels. We saw Britty too so she came with. Then we went home and made some food and I went to the library to finish up my Letter to Herzl. At 4 I went to class and eventually everyone showed up and we started. A lot of people had really cool finals. Avi brought us snacks. He said very nice things about us and sent us on our way. Afterwards I went to work on my film final. Took a break for dinner, we ate most of what was left in the freezer- hotdogs, a block of spagetti (literally), someone's leftover turkey from somewhere...After we ate I went back and worked more on film.

Tuesday:
Wanted to get up at 7 to work on film but couldn't get up until 8:30 I got a text from Ben. I borowed Julia's computer and skyped him while I worked on the final. At 9 we had a volunteer evaluation. My apartment was a little late, we all took a while to get dressed and Katie made us yummy oatmeal :). The other girls at my volunteering filled out the form. Then I fixed it. They've only been there a few weeks, were late everyday and didn't care about the place at all, so I didn't feel that they really had any right to say what they did. Went back to my room to nap but then found out that apartment lists for Bat Yam were up. I'm with Katie, Ale, Orly, and Nicola. I was sad I'm not with Jessica, Rachel, Julia but I do like the people I'm with. Went back and napped until 12. We had a shevet bbq at a park, then a question and answer discussion with the rabbi from shalem. Got a ride home with Boaz and Or, went with Jess and Julia. Managed to get two packs of hamburgers, a soda, chips, pickles, and onions for the apartment. We are notorious leftover stealers. Got home and worked on film for hours, finished it by the deadline (8pm). I came home and the girls were all going to dinner. They were going to a place I don't really like, it was cold out, and I don't like spending money, so I stayed home. I actually scraped myself together a really nice dinner. I made salad with some opened cans of corn and pickles and some tomatoes with balsamic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Baked a few little potatoes in the microwave and loaded em up with butter (shh don't tell). Decided I need protein so rolled up three slices of turkey with chummus and ate 'em. I tried to work on film extra credit but I just couldn't. Spoke to Michelle and my mom and then went to bed.

Wednesday:
Got up at 7:40 and got ready for volunteering. Spoke to Ben while I was getting ready. I left a bit later than usual since the bus is always late when I go early. I came right in time and didn't have to wait. When I got to my stop I saw an Israeli volunteer from Eyal's Farm, Lior, had been on the bus also. So I got there and expected to not really work since it was my last day, but nope, I still had to clean up the two big cages and feed and water the animals. I didn't really mind but it was pretty cold. Afterwards we went on a tour of the Kibbutz. It's really pretty. They showed us the Chuppah and the wedding area- wow. If I get married in Israel...haha. We also saw some historical archeological stuff. Said goodbye and went home. Didn't get back until 12:15 and I had a MASA interview 15 minutes later. Had to shower and get ready in a rush but I managed. Didn't want to have wet hair for the video butttt didn't wanna be all gross from working either. Katie, Rachel, Julia, Britty and I were interviewed. We did little individual things and then all held a MASA sign and wished different Jewish Federations a chag sameach. Afterwards I started to pack up my things, we're moving on Sunday to Bat Yam. Katie made sugar cookies. Yum. At 6ish we went to Merkaz Hamagshimim, the perfoming arts kids made a show. We got there and had falafel. It's good we got there when we did 'cuz they ran out pretty quickly. After we ate we watched the show. It was great. After the Madrichim gave out awards for "best chanichim" It was hilarious and went to the 'worst' kids pretty much. Then, we got t-shirts! They said they run small. I only saw meduims and larges out so I asked Mike if they had smalls. He said if the meduim was too big he would give me a small, but they only had 6 or so. So it was a bit big and she said go to Moran she has them. I go to Moran and see a group of people yelling at her that they need small t-shirts, one girl said she signed up for the small. Moran said what are you talking about you guys didn't even know about these. It was fun to watch. Moran said she couldn't decide and walked away..and handed me one :) I love her. Felt like being on the madrichim's good sides paid off. I was so happy. We walked to Emek and stopped at a coffee shop. We hung out for a bit and then headed back. Rich emailed us our final's with comments and a chance to fix them up. I got an A- but spent a little while fixing it so I'll hopefully get an A. I decided I don't want to/need to do any extra credit. I finished the paper and hung out with Katie for a bit. We watched Maria Bamford for a few minutes. She's a hilarious comedian, with the weirdo kind of humor I like. Went to bed 'round 2:30.
Oh yea! I'm famous! Not really but I'm on Youtube from the JNF 9/11 Ceremony I was at. Did any other yearcoursers make the video? Nooo. Just Rachel and I. Except you can't see her that well.
ANYWAY go check us out www.youtube/com/watch?v=CRPYTiN5Oso
i just had to type that in since it didn't wanna paste it so if it doesn't work search for 9/11 "Living Memorial" in the Jerusalem Forest Hills

Thursday:
Woke up at 10, was supposed to get up at 9. Went to the Old City with Katie to order Heather's lovely chanukkah gift. We were in a rush since we were supposed to be back by 12 for an evalutation. We walked out of Mamilla and saw the 18 bus going towards the stop. We were on th wrong side of the street 2 blocks down but we ran anyway. There was someone getting of the bus very slowly so it was still there. We ran really fast and were exhausted when we got there. Saw Shani on the bus. Got back and did the evaluation for our time in Jerusalem. Packed up most of my stuff. Katie made shakshuka, it was delicious. I got my laundry together and Jenene picked me up. I came here around 4, didn't realize I was tired but passed out 'till 7:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment