Tuesday, November 17, 2009

11/15-11/17/09

Sunday:
Went around the old city with Katie. Apparently Bill Clinton was at the Kotel but we didn't see him. Katie bought some scarves and I think I found what I am gonna get Heather and Moushka. We missed optional class. I got an iced coffee from Tal Bagels, I had gone in to see if Laura was there but she wasn't, it was delicious. Went to film, there was a sub. First movie was interesting the second was directed at kids so it was boring and immature. We had an apartment meeting. It was awful and I've grown a new distate for a few people. It's not nice to say what I think of them, but if you want to know you can ask me. It's a long list. Basically this apartment is disgusting and I'm not wasting my time cleaning it anymore. Also we have to pay for all the broken glasses and dishes, even if we didn't do it. Group punishment sucks.

Monday:
Went to sleep feeling like crap so I woke up feeling like crap. Called in in the morning and said I'm still sick and my volunteering people said stay home get better. Slept in until 11:30 which was super nice. Started feeling really sick but went to Ulpan anyway and felt better. Our final is going to be really tough but I'm sure I'll manage. Went to Zionism through the Arts. David took Ale and I out to Sushi with our friend Phil. We went to Japanica, it was really good. We also got ice cream. Came back and felt like poo. Spoke to Ben for a while. Katie slept in my bed, we giggled like morons and annoyed our other roomates but it was fun and made me feel better.

Tuesday/Today :)
Went to our siyyur to the Kinneret. It was supposed to be a "Spa Day" haha. We went to the first Kibbutz and visited Rambam's grave. Then we went to this spa and went into the mineral pool which was gross and fun. My friend Orly bought me bissli and my friend Josh got me ice cream :). People like to take care of me here, I love it. When we got back to Jerusalem I went with Ale, Tamar, and Michal to one of our madrichs, Or's, grandparents house for dinner. What happened was Ale and Michal were talking to Or and said they didn't know where to find any good Kennedalach (spelling ?) and he said his savta makes them. So he invited them to come try some. Then he said they could bring two other people but they had to be good hebrew speakers. So Tamar and I were invited. He said his grandparents only spoke Hebrew but they did speak English as well. Not only did we get soup, but we also got salad, falafel, chicken, rice, potatoes and cake. They were so sweet. His savta works for Hadassash I think and she showed us this video, I think it was called 'Zipki and the Lone Soldiers' about this family that takes in soldiers who come here with no family. Afterwards his sabba used graphology (?) to tell us who we are by our handwriting. Defintely interesting. AND they had a dog, betty, she was so sweet. I got locked in the bathroom, of course. But it was only for two minutes don't worry. Going to bed now, still sick, not sure what I'll do about volunteering. I want to go since I haven't been in ages but at the same time if I show up acting all sick they will tell me to go home, I do think they really care which is nice. Hopefully I'll wake up tomorow and be all better.

No comments:

Post a Comment