Friday, January 15, 2010

I can't figure out how to make this blog look how I want it to :(

Correction: I neglected to mention that Ben's birthday was on Janurary 3rd, although I did not forget it, I didn't mention it on here. I apologize for any confusion. :)

Monday:
Was stupid and didn't go into volunteering because Ale was sick and I didn't want to go by myself. Blogged and didn't do much, felt too bad to go back to sleep. Went with Katie, Rachel, and Jessica to the Castro Outlet. I tried on some very ugly dresses. I decided I want to buy some cute dresses and things. Gonna keep an eye out. We went home and got our stuff together for Ulpan. We got cookies for someone's birthday in class, yay. And I bought hot chocolate, we have a hot drinks machine in the building. Probably the only nice thing about the place. (The bathrooms are so scary and gross....) After class Katie and I went and borrowed a cookbook from the culinary kids and went to the grocery store to get chocolate and eggs. We ran home because we were late for our Mifgash Dira. Apparently, Ami was later than us, so we ran for no reason. When Ami we got there we had our meeting and then made cookies! It was awesome. We're definately his favorites. Katie and I went to Gaby and Cara's place after 'cause Gaby just got back from America and we wanted to see her. We hung out for a while and then went home. I told her I'd go running with her, but we were so tired. I went to sleep right away but woke up a few hours later with a call from Ben. Had a dumb fight that turned into a wonderful amazing conversation. :D

Tuesday:
Siyyur day! My Siyyur was with the soffim in Tel Aviv. It was supposed to be like the Amazing Race. We were split into two groups and we had different "missions" we had to complete, like giving a piggy back ride to an artist (thanks Katie), taking pictures in front of 5 different bars, finding out how old some of the buildings were, and finding clues in the mall. My team ended up losing before we got to the final mission, buying as many things as you can in the shuk for 20 shek. Most people had gone home by then so it was basically just me, Katie, Cara, and two other people. We took the money and bought a bunch of cookies and candy, and some little things we wanted like hair clips and clothes pins. Maybe we lost the game, but we actually won. Ale called me on the way back and told me she and Orly were going to Jerusalem and she wouldn't be in volunteering the next day. Katie and I got home and made stir fry and ate cookies watching a bad movie. (One of the Bring It Ons, there are so many....) A bunch of the scouts came over so we just ended up hanging out with them until pretty late and then we went to bed.

Wednesday:
Went into volunteering by myself. It was hard but not as bad as I thought it would be. While I was there my phone rang and it said Joe. I thought it was my friend Joe so I answered saying "Hi!" really loud. Oops, it was Joe the madrich. He was checking in on us that day. So I decided it wasn't my responsibility to cover for anyone who didn't come so I just didn't say anything to him about it. He came by and was looking around, he was obsessed with the dogs. So cute. He asked if I was the only one there and I said something along the lines of 'it appears so'. Later on I said that people might be sick and he said don't worry about it everyone' s madrichim will speak to them directly and find out. I think this may just end up being like Jerusalem, where because I'm the only one who shows up they all think I'm wonderful. But I do care a lot more about the animal shelter. It's crazy hard, but every day I'm there I'm glad that I'm doing it. After volunteering I went home, showered, ate some leftover stir fry, and went to class. My second class was canceled so after my first class I went with Jessica to get ice cream- cought up with her a bit, and then went home and got to do nothing for a while. Called Jenene and wished her a happy birthday. I ended up falling asleep and when I woke up I talked to Ben and helped Katie and Shira make chicken and potatoes for dinner. We ate pretty late, I called my mom and wished her a happy birthday, and then I went to sleep.

Thursday:
Went to volunteering by myself. When I got there I decided, when there were two dogs in a cage, I would take both out at once. Not fun. While I had them out David and Ryan came. Initially, them being there did more bad than good, but after a while things worked out and we got a lot done. They even stayed later than me. I went home, waited my turn to shower and then had to go right away to Lunch and Learn. They switched it up a little, we had pitas instead of regular bread. BG talked about Pesach and we ate a lot and then I went home and packed for the weekend. Went to Ulpan. We had a quiz but I don't think it was for a grade. More of a let's-see-how-much-you-know thing. We talked about how Israelis tour the world after the army and talked about travel and stuff. When we had about a half hour left of class we got to go downstairs and listen to Bernie play piano. After I went with Katie straight to the bus, which of course we just missed, and then we got the next one and went to the central bus station. She went to meet her sister and I got on a bus to Jerusalem. When I got there I was trying to figure out where the 74 stopped and this American kid pointed it out. Well he was wrong, but I saw Leah Benson where I ended up. After I found the actual bus stop and went to Har Choma. Got a ride to Nokdim and here I am :).

No comments:

Post a Comment