Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010 :)

friday night:
Katie made yummy chicken soup and Heather made kenedalach. We sat around for a while and then ate together and then sat around some more. Really did nothing.

saturday:
Stayed in bed most of the day. Eventually go up and we had some soup. After shabbat we went to the beach (Ale, Heather and I). Walked there and walked around a bit, Ale wanted to find tortilla chips and Heather wanted pizza. No one knew what tortilla chips were. We sat by the beach and talked for a while and eventually went home.

sunday:
Had zman madrich early in the morning. They just gave us our schedules and bus passes for janurary. I tried to get them to lend me one for Heather, since a bunch of people were still on break, but they said no. :( It was allright though, someone lended her one when she needed it. Went home and took a nap before class. Had Jewish philosophy and Text and Tablet, then went home and did a lot of nothing then bed.

monday:
Ale and I took Heather with to volunteering. It was nice, walked a bunch of dogs. Heather made friends. With the dogs. Had Ulpan afterwards, I like it. Small class. No one was feeling well so Katie, Heather and I went to the doctor. Katie has tonsillitis. Heather and I had fevers and prolly viral infections. Internet was out at my apartment so we stopped at Aroma on the way home to check if Heather's mom had answered her about flight info. Realized Heather's flight was in two hours. That was really fun. Ran home and packed up all her stuff. Ran outside and got a cab to the airport. Got to the airport with less than an hour until her flight. Explained to them what happened. People were helpful, said she couldn't get on that flight but there was another flight in an hour, that was full, and to JFK instead of Newark, buttt they could put her on standby. So we went through baggage security and waited. She made the flight and they asked for her bag, then started to yell at us saying we didn't put the bag through security. We freaked out and told them we did but they said no there should be a tag on it. They take it to security where the security people look at it and say...they did put the bag through. And they pointed out where the tag was. SO Heather's gets a ticket and we figure out where we're going and I walk with her until the actual security part. We say bye and then I sat there waiting to hear if she got on the flight. She gets on, I call a cab and go home. When I got home I was too nervous and afadgfadsgds to sleep so Katie was trying to watch a movie and I helped her get it to play and watch it with her. Only she falls asleep. So the movie ends, there's no internet so I can't talk to Ben, so I read until 5 or so and went to sleep.

tuesday:
Wake up at 8ish for the Shevet Siyyur, surprisingly am not tired. I didn't realize where we were going until we got there. The Kabbalah center. Ew. It was boring and silly, but they did give us candies and pretzels so I guess it wasn't so bad. I was supposed to go to Independence Hall afterward but Ami said it was okay if I just went home, he thought it was because I went to dr. the night before but I didn't tell him about the whole rush to the airport no sleep thing. Shh. Soo I went home and just relaxed, watch some crummy tv on ale's computer and took a nap. When everyone came home I woke up. It was 'girl's night', a tzofim activity for all the girls on yearcourse. We went to the Ulpan in our pjs and they gave us cake and talked and stuff. It was fun. Went home after, talked to ben, passed out.

wednesday:
Got up in the morning basically feeling fine but Ale was sick and couldn't go into volunteering. I didn't know what do because I really can't go to the shelter by myself, it's too hard to deal with the dogs and cages and all without another person. So I wasn't feeling great either I guess and just stayed home with her. I don't think it's what I should have done but I don't know what else I really could have done. I felt pretty bad about it. Spoke to Ben for a while and Heather though, that was nice. Went to class, Philosophy and Text and Tablet. Can't remember what I did after, probably eat and sleep.

thursday:
Volunteering with Ale. Then Ulpan. Then went home, got my stuff, headed towards the bus stop by the mall to get to the tel aviv bus station. Katie walked with me to the stop. Took that bus for like 30-40 minutes then got to the bus station. Took a bus to Jerusalem from there, that was about an hour. Creeper sat next to me, and I was oblivious about it for a while. Took a bus from Jeru to Beit El. Mordechai picked me up a few blocks away from his house, anndd I was finally there, about 3 hours later.

friday:
Tried to help a little around the house before shabbat, didn't do much though. Saw Moushka wrote something on facebook about how she didn't have a winter jacket since she lives in Miami, so I responded that she should go borrow from my closet, I have two I didn't take with me. My mom called me before shabbat so I mentioned that if Moushka comes by I told her she could borrow stuff from my closet. My mom said that she could just bring them over to her. :)
They had a young couple and their two kids come for shabbat also, they were nice. Didn't eat much during the day, had some toast and a cup of tea. I was soo hungry while we were waiting for everybody to come back from Shul. I read the book I took from Beit Ar-El all those months ago. Stumbling on Happiness. It's really cool. Soo when we finally ate, I ate so. much. food. I realize that I've said this before and people don't really think i'm capable of it, but seriously. My aunt asked me how many days it had been since I ate. Ha. So after I ate so much that I couldn't breathe right I read my book some more and then Deena and I went for a walk. It was coldish, but from what I hear Miami is colder right now. That's so weird. After we walked I read a bit more and then went to bed.

saturday:
Woke up late. We ate lunch. And I went to sleep again. Pretty much got up in time for the very last bit of shabbat and then packed my stuff up to go home. Did not go home empty-handed of course, but with a bag of random fruits and veggies and cereal and chummus and matbucha. :)
They gave me a ride to the bus station and then I waited for about an hour for the next bus to Bat Yam. I called Yaeli and caught up for a few minutes but was pretty bored. Saw a cockroach
:/ and no one else saw it. Yuck. Eventually bus came and I went home. Katie was at the apartment and she made me some food, 'cause she's so sweet. Then we went to Kai's apartment and watched Monsters Inc. and hung out with people.

sunday:
Shevet learned how to write hebrew letters as they appear in the Torah with caligraphy pens. I wasn't very good at it but it was fun. Katie and I had lunch together at home, yummy pasta. Then class. Philosophy was pretty eh but in Text and Tablet I got to be god. Sort of. It was some kind of court exercise. After I went with Ale to Tel Aviv to pick up a suitcase her parents sent her with someone. She's going to send the suitcase back with the same person and is letting me use some of the space. So I can unload some of the things in my bags so that when I go home I'll have room for mass amount of CANDY :)
My apartment was chosen to make calls to perspective yearcoursers and get pizza for doing it. We didn't call too many people in the end..But we did call a few. They didn't have any questions so it was weird, we didn't really have anything to say to them. Ate too much pizza and drank too much soda so I couldn't sleep when I got home. Poo. Talked to Ben for a while and then Karina.

No comments:

Post a Comment